MIPT ALD lab was organized in 2007 by Prof. Alekhin A.P. who was a co-worker of Prof. Aleskovskii V.B. invented ALD process in Soviet Union in the middle of 60-ths. From the very beginning MIPT ALD group concentrated on the study of ALD processes and structures by in situ electron and ion spectroscopic techniques which included X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS), Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy (EELS), Low Energy Ion Spectroscopy (LEIS). And at present the scientific group has developed and exploited a cluster-type multi-chamber systems combining different ALD reactors with the electron/ion spectroscopy analytical module.
Now the main scientific interests of MIPT ALD group are centered on:
- Multicomponent high-k oxides aimed on gate CMOS dielectrics or on MIM-capacitors applications
- ALD doping for stabilization of oxide metastable phases with novel properties ( e.g. HfO2 based ferroelectrics for FeRAM)
- In situ control of oxygen vacancies concentration in ALD oxides (resistive-switched memory, sensors, catalysis)
- ALD of metallic layers ( Ru, Ir, TiN)
- ALD of oxide/metallic films combining biocompatibility and purposeful electrical properties (bioactive/barrier coatings, biocompatible high-k oxide or metallic (IrO2) films for multielectrod computer-brain interface systems)